The New Zealand Government support partnership and their child visa for international students who are enrolled in the 7th (undergraduate) and 8th (postgraduate diploma) courses, and international students who are in the long-term list, and who are enrolled in the 9th grade (master’s degree) and above. If the spouse and the children are accompanied, the spouse can apply for an open work permit to legally stay and work in the local area, and the children can enjoy free public primary and secondary education. It is suitable for customers who want to solve the long-term legal stay of their families in New Zealand and let their children enjoy free education.
Spouses of New Zealand work visa holders who apply for a student visa in New Zealand for a shortage of professionals can also apply for an open work visa. Once approved for an open work visa, you can apply for any occupation in any area of New Zealand and apply for settlement at the same time.
- The applicant’s spouse has a valid New Zealand work visa. The duration of such a work visa is the same as the duration of the spouse’s work visa, and can be renewed upon expiration, or
- The applicant’s spouse has a long-term shortage of professional student visas recognized by the Immigration Department. The duration of such a work visa is the same as the duration of the spouse student visa and can be renewed upon expiration.
- As the Immigration Department’s review of spouse work visas is becoming more stringent, applicants are required to provide as many documents as possible to prove cohabitation.
New Zealand Immigration Service requirements for spouses:
“Two people living together for more than 12 months or two people are married and maintain a stable relationship for more than 12 months, can be identified as spouse relations, including same-sex couples.”
Spouses who have the qualifications to sponsor applicants can be divided into three types:
- The applicant’s spouse holds a New Zealand passport or resident visa
- The applicant’s spouse holds a New Zealand work visa
- The applicant’s spouse holds a student visa
However, the different types of visas held by the spouse can guarantee that the types of visas approved by the applicant are also different. For details, please see the following figure:
Signing contract with Phospherus –> Collecting information and making documents –> Completing the medical examination –> Submitting the application online